It’s a washable, re-usable face covering made of cotton, designed for non-medical front-liners: shop staff, drivers, government, community and social workers, refuse collectors, charity workers and so on. The PeoplesMask is based on the HK Mask design, a joint venture between Dr K Kwong and local filtration and engineering companies in Hong Kong. It allows a disposable filter or tissue to fit inside a pocket of a re-usable face covering; recent laboratory tests have shown this increases the efficiency of the face covering to between 83% and 91%, depending on the thickness of the tissue inserted.
This initiative also aims to provide work for some of the thousands of artisans in Asia who have lost their jobs because of the lockdowns in their countries. It is a small step made by the global Fair Trade community in the fight against Covid-19. We are buying the PeoplesMask from a WFTO member in Sri Lanka. The production process follows guaranteed Fair Trade standards and the factory has been cleared by the local authorities for compliance under Covid-19 preventative measures.
Please note this is a non-returnable item unless faulty.
- Two layers of 100% handwoven cotton fabric
- Layers lined with polyester blended fusing
- Pocket where layer(s) of tissue (paper or Kleenex type) are placed
- Wire across the top to form the user’s nose and face
- Industrial grade elastic around ears holds the face covering in place
- AZO free, PCP tested, non-toxic fabric
- Dyes and chemicals REACH and BLUESIGN certified
- Heavy metal free
- Vegan, PETA approved
- A WFTO Guaranteed Fair Trade product
Near & Fair is a member of the British Association for Fair Trade Shops an Suppliers
You are welcome to visit our fair trade gift and clothing shop in Hull to see for yourself the fantastic quality of our ethical clothing
We are based in Trinity Market Arcade, Trinity House Lane, Hull, HU1 2JH. (We are nearest the Market Place/Lowgate entrance which is opposite Liberty Lane)